Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day in the Life - Labor Day Weekend

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend.  My Facebook was filled with people camping and hitting the lake and I was very jealous but James and I had a good time this weekend. Wes had to work both Friday and Sunday so we weren't able to do a lot of family things together but we still had fun. 



Saturday 8am
Saturday mornings I like to prep breakfast for the rest of the week.  On the menu this week was french toast.  I use a pretty simple recipe and just cook the french toast on the griddle.  


James really likes his with powder sugar and is known to eat a whole piece.  


9 am 
We get dressed and head out for a walk, since it wasn't a running day, we take a longer walk to downtown.  Truman scored a bone from one of the local stores and James got a flashlight/doggie bag.  


10 am
James goes down for first nap of the day.  We have come a long way since last year.  Now i'm lucky to say that all I have do is put him in his crib with his paci and lovey and he'll fall asleep. 



10:30  am

While James was napping I did a little cleaning and some chores around the house.  I like to have the TV on while I'm cleaning so I went back to an oldie but goodie.  Bonus points if you can name this episode or what the guys are doing in this picture. 


I also took this time to use the foodsaver that I got Wes for christmas. I like buying our meat in bulk and the foodsaver does a nice job of locking everything in. 



1:30 pm

James wakes up from his nap and we have a little lunch.  On the menu is spaghettos with hotdogs and pears.  He is so so about the spaghettos but enjoys dumping them on his tray. 



3:00 pm

Being tempted by the sales, James and I hit up the outside mall near our house.  I didn't end up buying anything because the lines seemed too long for two shirts that I didn't really need.  


After doing a little window shopping, we stopped by Coldstone and shared a small ice cream.  I forget how expensive that place is but it was pretty tasty. 


5:00 pm

We got home around 4 and I put James back down for a nap.  We had a baseball game that night and I needed him to be rested up. He got up around 5:30 and we soon left for the game after that.


7:00 pm

We arrive at the game to realize that we weren't playing attention and arrived at the game an hour after it started.  It's not a huge deal and we got to see the second half of the game that we usually miss because we leave early.  I bought up the idea of staying for the fireworks but we parked on the 4th floor on the parking garage and didn't want to get stuck in the traffic leaving the garage so we left right before the game ended.  This baseball season went really fast and I'm overall impressed with how James has done.  I don't think every one year old would be okay sitting in a seat for about 2 hours and staying up way past his bedtime but James was okay with it. 

Sunday


8:20 am

Wes had to work that day so it was just James and me for Church.  We arrived to church a little early so we worked out some extra energy hanging out in lobby acting as greeters before church started.  James made it about half way through the service before I had to take him to the nursery.  I think he enjoys going there so he doesn't get upset when I leave. 

10 am

James goes down for another nap and I call my parents before they go to church and see if they have plans for the day.  Every once in awhile I just get the urge to get out of the house and have a little help so I head up to my parents.  They are always happy to have us and James enjoys the new toys.



12:00pm

James, Truman and I hit the road and take the drive to Lafayette. Since James got up from a nap not too long before we left, he didn't fall asleep on the way there but he just played with some toys and ate a few snacks and enjoyed the ride.


1:30 pm

When we get to my parents house, James hits up his favorite toy (the barn) and enjoyed a little golf watching.


2:30pm

After lunch, we decided to take a little walk to their neighborhood park and did a little swinging.  


After the park, we took a little detour to the Igloo and enjoyed some ice cream. James very happily tried out all different flavors that we had ordered.  He would go from each person, "testing" them out, trying to find the best one.  He did a lot of "testing".



3:30pm

Less than 3 hours at being at my parents house, James made good process in destroy their living room.  



5:30pm

James, Truman and I hit the road again to head back home for dinner and baths.  



7:00pm

James fell asleep on the way home and he was so tired  and fussy that we had a quick dinner and went straight to the bath. He really enjoys the bath and loves watching the tub fill up. 



7:20 pm

James is still pretty fussy after the bath so I pull out the big guns, his baby shows (Baby Einstein videos) to calm him down.  It worked.  

8 pm

It's James bedtime and boy was he ready for it.  We called daddy and did a quick goodnight and he fell asleep pretty soon after.  A day at the grandparents make one very tired boy. 

As far as Monday goes, we really didn't do much.  Wes came home a little early so we spent most of the day just hanging out and staying inside.

I'm gonna try to do better with blogging for the rest of the week/month.

Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment