Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Car Box

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a great Wednesday.  I've started attending a free workout class at the church that I attend.  The instructor does a really good job at pushing you and I'm happy to say that I'm not near as exhausted or sore as I was after class last time.  But I'm not sure what the next days will bring, probably sore legs and arms.  


Anyone who has had a newborn/infant knows that they can spit up and have a blow out anywhere anytime so you always have to be prepared. To keep my diaper bag from being super heavy, I keep a lot of my extra stuff in my car.  I transport James 99% of the time so the car box is always with us.  I don't need to get into it as much as I did when he was younger but I still like to have to just in case.   I keep the box in my trunk away. 



A lot of the items in the box are for James but some of them are for just in a case we get in an accident and need some supplies.  I know that sounds super crazy but one of my worries is that something like an accident will happen while we are driving and I won't be able to take care of him or us.  I do add more items to the box when it gets to winter just so we are prepared.


The items that I have in my car box are:

Extra diapers - James has been in the same size for awhile now so it's nice that I'm not switching them out every couple of months.
Wipes 
Disposable changing sheet - These are just throw away sheets that I can use if I need to came him in the car.
Portable changing pad clutch - This has both a compartment for diapers and wipes and a thicker changing pad.  (I bought this awhile ago and I don't really use it all that often but It's nice to have just in case)
Moist Towellete Wipes - These are great to just have on hand to wipe things off
Water -  I know this is a plastic bottle and there are risks that come along with living it in the car but if we are in crisis and need it, I think those risks won't matter.
A change of clothes -  I try to keep at least one pair of extra clothes for James in the car.  I don't carry a pair normally with me.  In picking which outfit to keep in there, I don't want something that I really like because I don't want to pull it out of the car and forget to replace it.  So we know we all have some kid clothes that we know our kids don't wear so I just throw those in there.  This is just in case of emergency so who cares how cute your kid looks. 
Towels 


A flashlight -  This flashlight I got a long time ago and the reason why I keep it in the car is because you charge it be cranking it. 
A small heat blanket - Just in case we get stuck somewhere in the winter and have to keep room.


A sweatshirt for me - This gets added during the fall and winter months just in case
A blanket - same as above
A foldable picnic blanket -  I try to keep this in the car during the spring, summer and fall months just in case we stop somewhere and we want to sit outside. 
A small bag of tampons and pads - just in case, when James was little I would also keep some bra pads in there. 

So there is the list of items that I try to keep in my car at all times.  I like having it back in and it makes me feel a lot more prepared.

What items do you keep in your car?
Have you changed what you keep in there since you have had kids? 

No comments:

Post a Comment