Friday, September 2, 2016

August Favorite Things

Hi Guys,

It's Friday and a holiday weekend.  That sentence used to be my favorite phrase when I was working at the bank because it meant a 3 day weekend and bonus I  got paid for one of the days. But now my weekends don't differ much from my weekdays but thats okay.  I hope every enjoys their holiday weekend and enjoys this great fall weather we are having right now.  

So I thought I would share a few items that I discovered in the month of August that I really love and want other people to know about to.  Like I've said before I always like seeing what other people are using and seeing if I like them too. 


1. Organic Protein -  A couple of months ago I started to notice that I wasn't really eating breakfast.  I was getting too caught up with getting James ready and doing things around the house to exactly sit down and eat breakfast for myself.  Some days it didn't bother me too much but on days that I ran, I noticed a big difference.  That was the other thing, before James I would run before I ate breakfast.  I hate running on a full stomach.  But now I have to wait till James eats breakfast to leave  we leave a lot later and I get hungry.  So I started thinking about trying a protein drink.  Something I could drink before a run or just in the morning when I didn't have time to eat breakfast.  My sister is really into shakeology and I've heard good things about it but I can't afford the prices.  I think each drink is about $3 - 4/ piece and thats way too much for me.  So I had to look elsewhere and thats when I found Organic Protein.  It gives me a lot of the same benefits as shakeology would but averaging about $1 a drink.  Another bonus with drinking this is that I don't get that heavy stomach feeling when I'm out running. 


2. Soy Candles from Target - There is nothing better than having a nice smelling house.  I'm not saying that my house smells terrible but having a little sweet scent floating around really makes it nice and homey.  I used to get just the basic glade or febreze candles at the store.  They never seemed to last very long and honestly, they weren't that pretty.  I have received a couple Yankee Candle candles as a gift and those are great but kind of expensive but these Target ones last for awhile, smell great, look super cute and don't cost a lot. I think most of them are under $12. Target has a huge selection of candles.  I personally like not a super strong smell so I've been drawn to the SOHO candles. They have cute little patterns on the front and come in a wide variety of sizes and containers. I think in the past month I've bought about 3 of them and try to burn them about every other day so I don't go through them insanely fast. 


3. You Are Amazing Body lotion and body spray - I found this brand at target and I thought I would give it as try.  I was low on body lotion and wanted a body spray that wasn't too strong or very expensive that I could just splash on when I was leaving the house.  I grabbed the eucalyptus mint body lotion because I remember from my prenatal massage when I was pregnant with James that the lady said that those scents can help improve the circulation in your legs. And since that is where I was mainly going to use it before bed, I thought I would try it out.  It's a thicker lotion and I really like it, it smells good and seems to keep everything moisturized.  I would say that if you were going to apply it twice a day and everywhere I might use something else because I'm not sure how long it will last you.  I also grabbed the vanilla body spray because I really just enjoy that smell. It's worked out well and makes me feel like I smell like a cookie. 



4. Garnier Whole Blend Hair Mask -  I decided that I wanted to take better care of my hair.  I've never colored it but I do use a lot of heat on my hair.  So I've heard a couple of people recommending hair mask so I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't want anything too expensive so I settles on the Garnier brand.  It smelled good and was a good price so I got it.  Honestly, it was a lot of trail and error trying to find out how this product works best for me.  If I put too much on or put it too close to my roots, my hair got super oily.  I try to use it every other week and just put a small amount on. 



5. Oreos with vanilla and chocolate wafers -  I think Oreo calls them head or tails and I don't if Meijer has a real name for them but they are my favorite type of cookies (besides chocolate chips).  There is just something about having both the vanilla and chocolate that makes them so delicious.  I recently had to move from the store brand to name brand because Meijer stopped carrying them. 



6. Carter's French Terry Pants -  A couple weeks ago the mornings seemed to be cooler than the previous ones so when we went out on our morning runs/walks I dressed James in some pants.  These pants were from the spring time and were a little too small.  They fit around the waist but were too short and didn't really cover his diaper anymore.  So we had to go get some new pants. I didn't need anything too fancy, these pants were mainly for just hanging around the house.  We went to Carters and I found these terry pants and they are so soft on the inside and every time I take them off of James, his legs feel so warm and soft that I'm jealous.  I might be on the search to find a pair for myself.  



7. Baseball t-shirts for James - I am obsessed with dressing James in baseball shirts.  We have two right now and I would get more but I know he needs a little variety in his wardrobe. I get them from Old Navy and if you check their sales they don't cost anymore than a normal kids t-shirt. 


So here are a list of my favorite August things.  I can't wait to see what I discover this month. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment