Friday, July 22, 2016

Toddler Must Haves

Hi Everyone,

It's Friday and that means just a couple more hours until the Weekend.  Where you can relax and sleep in and just spend the day how you want.  Haha, I'm totally kidding or at least I am if you are mom.  The weekends are never your own.  

For today's post I thought I would put together a list of things that have made my life so much easier with James' current age group - Toddler. I did a post a while back on life savers for when he was a baby.  Go ahead and check that out if you want. 


1. Bathmat -  James was quickly out growing his baby bathtub but would cry and have a terrible bath whenever we would take it out of it.  I had search online and in stores for a mat that I thought might work but didn't have any luck.  I was searching for something kind of like a cushion.  In the meanwhile, my mom suggested using a bath towel. That worked out great but after the bath I was left with a soaking wet towel.  A little bit after his birthday, we went to Baby R Us and I found this bath mat and it's pretty awesome. It's a Boon Ripple Bathtub Mat .  It has a ton of little suction cups on the bottom which keeps it in place, all these little drain holes to let the water flow and even a hook at the top that hooks right on the shower head. James is now unstoppable in the bath, crawling from one side to another.


2. Strawberry huller - James loves strawberries and on a good day he will eat about 5 in a sitting.  And when I first found out that James liked strawberries, I was so excited that we had another food to eat that he had it all the time.  Like for breakfast, lunch and dinner so thats a lot of strawberries.  Before I found this pitter, aka I saw it at my mom's, I had to cut off the top of the strawberries and cut out the interior white stuff.  Not anymore, now it's a quick push, twist and pull and I'm on to the next one. So quick and so easy. Life saver. 

3. Food Calendar - I already went into detail about this last week but man it's another life saver. 


4. Little Food Container - James isn't a fan of vegetable but which little kid is.  I still offer them at almost every dinner meal but a lot of goes to waste. So ,again my mom (she helps me out a lot with my James issues), bought me/James these little microwavable single serving veggies cups.  They come in green beans, corn, carrots and peas.  The thing that I really like about them is that I can open one and use it for a couple of days and I don't have to waste a whole can of veggies if it isn't on our own meal schedule for that week.  I can also keep/ use them for a while. I'm not exactly sure how they work out cost wise but I do like the convenience of them. 


5. Snack Cup - I know this isn't another new to other moms out there but those snack cups with the lid that allows the kid to grab the food but keeps most of the food from getting dumped out are a major life saver.  I use them everywhere - in the house for a post nap snack, in the car on long trips and nothing keeps a baby happier than snacks, at the ballpark.  At the ballpark is a big one for us.  James really likes to feed himself and it allows us to enjoy the game, in our seats, and James can have his dinner without any problems. 



6. Dust Buster - I originally bought a dust buster for our floors before I got my current vacuum. But it has become a big help cleaning up after James' meals.  It's the perfect size to pick up all the crumbs that end up on the highchair. 











7.  Tunnel/ tent play set - This one is just a fun one and James really enjoys it.  He got this for his birthday and we probably play with it at least once a week.  I try not to have it out all the time because it does take up a good amount of space and it loses it's appeal if it's out all the time.  The thing that I really enjoy about it is how I can quickly 
pack it up and it all fits into a little bag. 


So those are my toddler must haves.  I'm sure it will change in a couple of months because he will be really mobile and probably running around the house by then.  

What are the things that you find/found most helpful when you baby was a new toddler?
Did you find most of the products yourself or did someone guide you to them? 

I hope everyone has a good weekend
-Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment