Monday, July 11, 2016

New Baby Food Care Package

Hi Everyone,

For everyone who reads my blog but isn't related might not know but one of my sisters just had a baby.  He will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and he is super cute.  Well Done Guys! 


James meeting his new cousin.  I was blown away by the size difference. 


Prior to the birth, my mom and I had roughly planned to go up and visit and I know that I wanted to do something for them.  So what do all new parents need but seem to find it hard to make it work after the couple weeks with a newborn baby. Food! I tried to think back at what Wes and I found super helpful when James was just a little baby and those were food that you could grab and eat, especially with one hand.  I was never hungrier or thirstier than when I sat down to nurse James.  I will say sorry in advance for the lack of pictures.  I was kind of on warp speed when I was making these because I had to get them done for James woke up. 




I did a little research, watched what Allison liked or pinned and asked them some questions and I came up with my menu.




1. Chicken Enchiladas -  I gave the recipe for these awhile back and actually made them about a month or so before the due date and I just put them in the freezer.  I'm not a huge fan of freezer meals just do the fact that they seem to take so long too cook.  By the time that I realized that I was hungry, it would take 2 hours for it to cook.  And the first couple weeks of you being home, you don't get the hungry feeling until 9pm and waiting till 11 wasn't going to cut it.  I did put a note on the enchiladas that said to thaw first so the cook time would be shorter.  

One of the reasons why I did include these is because they are so easy to get one at a time and just reheat.  After I make these for my family, we usually have about 4 left. When I'm having these for leftovers, I just lift one out of the pan, microwave it for a minute or so and then enjoy.  Perfect for a last minute craving in the middle of the night.

2.  Zucchini Beach (Beachbody Recipe) - My sister was really into beachbody before she got pregnant and did a really good job staying with it while pregnant. So when she pinned this bread I knew that I had to make it for her and bring it. It made two loafs so I gave her one and left one for Wes.  I haven't asked her how it was but Wes said ours was a little dry.  I'm not sure if i baked it too long or just because it was pretty healthy, little sugar or no oil and only 6 egg whites, is the reason for a little dryness. 

3.  Fresh Fruit - I grabbed this one from a pinterest and I think most new moms can relate it to and it also goes into the easy to grab category but does take some time to do yourself.  I just very quickly and easily chopped up pineapple and strawberries.  A combo that I found that taste pretty awesome together. 

4. Oatmeal lactation cookies -  I found these cookies in the early weeks of baby James.  They are super to make and very delicious.  The only big difference or what makes them lactation vs. regular cookies is the flex seed and brewer's yeast that you need to the cookies.  Those two ingredients plus the oats make for a delicious way to bust your milk supply because no matter how confident you are, once you eat your first or second growth spurt you start to worry.  To add a little something extra to these cookies instead of just using chocolate chips, I add white chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cranberries.  OMG, they are soooooo good.  You don't even have to make lactation cookies.  I made some the other day (none lactation but with white chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberries) and they were great.  James and I enjoyed them.  I will post about these later in the week. 

5.  I did include some super cute clothes for the baby because I couldn't help myself. 

Those are the 5 things that I bought to my sister to help make her life a little easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment