Monday, July 25, 2016

What I'm loving #1

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I thought I would do a fun little post about things that I’m loving right now. I always like reading these from other bloggers and they can always lead you to new things. 

1. Luna Protein Cookie Dough Bar - I once read in a magazine that a good way to get over your chocolate craving is to have a healthier chocolate bar.  So I found these luna bars and they are so delicious. I’m not gonna lie they don’t taste exactly like cookie dough but they are dipped in chocolate and have chocolate chips in them and something that resembles caramel.  So they totally fill that chocolate craving. They also  are great to throw in the diaper bag and go.  

2. Sunflowers -  I usually grab a big bouquet at the farmers market and they brighten up my kitchen.  If I good about changing the water and cutting the stems I can almost get two weeks out of one set.  



3. Ibotta - Ibotta is an app that you can get rebates or cash back for things that you buy.  All it takes is a couple minutes after you go shopping and you can get back a crazy amount of money, even more if you buy a lot of name brand stuff.  The thing that I love about this app over the other grocery apps is that you can get rebates for just regular stuff. I always grab the milk, bread and eggs one that I can use for any brand that I buy. They always have a lot of different stores that you can get rebates from and some of them aren’t even grocery stores.  I know joann’s fabric and old navy are offering $5 rebates.  Once you get $20 you can turn it into a gift card do a lot of different places.



4. My Favorite Murder (Podcast) - If you were in one of my many writing classes during college you would already know this little fact about me but death interest me.  And I don’t mean in the way that I’m gonna kill someone but dying and different ways to die, I find fascinating.  So when I stubbed across the podcast, My Favorite Murder, I couldn’t get enough. If you aren’t in anyway interested in this topic, feel free to skip down to the next item, you are interested or might be on the fence, I will tell you a little about the podcast.  My Favorite Murder podcast is hosted by two friends, Georgia and Karen, and they sit in Georgia’s house and talk about murders that they find interesting. It is a comedy podcast (they don’t make fun of the people killed) and they will even say this themselves, don’t came to them for the facts.  But they are amazing story tellers and you will get lost in it.  And totally laugh out loud more than once.


5.  Running -  I have been dabbing my foot into running again and it just feels so good.  I think thats when you know you are onto something that you might stick with.  Almost all of last week James was sick, fever, running nose sick.  So I couldn’t take him out with me on a run.  I know I could have gone in the morning before he woke up but he was having some rough nights and I wasn’t gonna do that.  But everyday I thought about how great it would to get out there and run.  To feel my legs stretch, to listen to my favorite podcast, to be a runner.  We finally got out on Saturday and it wasn’t my best run but I had to remind myself overtime isn’t going to be magical, that some runs are gonna be harder and some runs are gonna feel like magic. 



6.  Shopkicks - This is another app that I have found recently and I don’t think I’m at the love stage because of the options lately but when I first found it, I was in love.  This app allows you to get kicks or points for just going to stores and scanning certain products. Then you can use those points to get gift cards. 



7.  James’ Laugh - Okay, to be honest this thing I’m always loving. Day in or day out I can’t get enough of his laugh.  What I find so fascinating about it is the things that he finds that are so hilarious.  On Sunday, it was the word ribbit, like the sound a frog makes.  Last week, it was me dancing and tickling him with a tape measurer.  And oh man, don’t think I danced and tickled for as long as I could just to hear that sweet little giggle just a little bit longer. 


So thats just a little rundown on these that I’m really loving right now.

-Megan

Do you find yourself looking for new things to try or do you just stick with the old stuff?
Do you have any weird interests or hobbies that you don’t share with everyone because they might think it’s a little too weird?


No comments:

Post a Comment