Monday, October 17, 2016

The Best Pumpkin Bread

Hello Everyone,

I’m sure you are aware that Pumpkin spice flavor is everywhere.  It all started a couple of years ago with the Pumpkin Spice Latte and now you can get PS tollhouse cookie chips, PS Oreos and PS cheerios.  While I haven’t jumped on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon, I do enjoy pumpkin flavored baked goods.  When I worked at my previous job, it was pretty close to a Bob Evans and around October they started to make their Pumpkin Bread.  It was always so moist and so flavorful that  I just had to swing by and grab some.  



But since I’ve been at home, Bob Evans isn’t as close but my oven is.  So after doing a little research on Pinterest, I found a recipe that caught my eye - Moist Pumpkin Bread. And boy did it live up the name.  James and I cleared the whole loaf in about 3 days and poor Wes, I don't believe got any. 


Not only, to me, does pumpkin bread mean fall but it also makes a great ‘thank you’ gift.  Before we let for Asheville, I made a double batch of this recipe and made one for my parents (who watched truman for us) and for my neighbors who watched over our house.  I did forget to give my parents the bread when we first dropped Truman off so I just threw the bread in the freezer and I gave it to them when Truman came back home.  I was very happy to hear that the bread, being frozen and thawed out, well still very moist.  So if you wanted to make a lot of loaves and freezer them for just in case.

From what I’ve learned from this recipe, and I might translate it to the banana bread too, is to only let it cool in the pan for a few minutes and then remove it and cover it in aluminum foil.  Doing this and not letting it sit out in the air for awhile, helps keep the bread super moist and super yummy.

Here is the link to the recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 pumpkin spice
1 large egg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water

Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine both sugars, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices




In another bowl, combine egg, pumpkin puree, oil and water. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until combined.


Grease one 9x4 (I used a 9x5) loaf pan and pour the batter into it

Bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Then take out of the pan and wrap in aluminum oil. Let it cool completely. 




If you try out this recipe, I promise you want be disappointed. 

What are your go to fall recipes?
Is there a restaurant that you love and have tried to recreate at home?

I hope you have a great day and week.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment