Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend.  We did a lot of fall season actives such a pumpkin craving, making pumpkin donuts (or do you spell it doughnuts) and playing outside just enjoying the weather.







To continue on with trying out pumpkin flavored food, I made pumpkin oat chocolate chip cookies.  I have mixed feeling on them, they were moist and soft and weren’t flat but I wasn’t super crazy about them.  They were really strong in flavor and I found myself not being able to eat more than one at a time.  Which I guess isn’t a big thing but it ended up in me tossing about 10 of the cookies after a week of making them.  I think the flavor wasn’t for me but if you like pumpkin and chocolate then you will love these cookies. And I think there are a lot of you out there because pumpkin bread with chocolate chips are every where on pinterest. 





Here is a link to the orginial recipe

 Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups packed light-brown sugar
2/3 cup granuatled sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger then set aside.

With an electric mixers, mix together butter and both sugars until creamy.  Blend in egg and vanilla extract then add in pumpkin puree mixing until combined.  With mixer on low speed add in dry ingredients slowly until well combined.  Add in chocolate chips and nuts. 



Let batter rest for about 5 - 10 minutes (so the oats can absorb some of the liquid and keep the cookies from spreading)



Scoop out cookies (I used a ice cream scoop, probably about 1/2 cup size) onto lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 -14 minutes until cooked.

Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to the countertop to cool. 


I think everyone should give this recipe a try and that it would be a good fall/october recipe to do each year  but I don't think it's something I would make every month.  

Do you have certain recipes that you only enjoy once a year or just for a season?
Are you a fan of pumpkin and chocolate together?

No comments:

Post a Comment