Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What we have been up too.

Sorry about not posting anything in over two weeks,  it has been a rough couple of weeks.  James went through a growth spurt and any mom knows exactly what that means,  eating more and more often,  waking up more during the night and being very fussy and needy.  To make matters worse, I tried experimenting with James' bed time which was a terrible terrible idea.  So as we were recovering from the bedtime fiasco we went into our 12 week growth spurt, talk about timing.  So for the past couple of weeks, I haven't had much time to keep up with the housework or take a nap let alone write a couple of blog posts. But I'm gonna try and keep up better.  I know i've already said that before but I feel like everyone is understanding.

If it's any consolation,  just in the time it has taken me to write that paragraph above,  I've gotten up and tried to get James to go back to sleep during his nap 3 times.  We (I really mean I) are trying to get James to put himself back to sleep if he happens to wake up before the nap is over.  So far its not going very well but it's only day one and i'm trying to still be hopeful.

So here is a little recap on what has happened the in past two weeks since I last wrote on this blogosphere. 

Wes was able to squeeze out a little time and we made it to the state fair.  We enjoyed some way over priced pulled pork sandwich and the ice cream for the dairy barn. I was on the hunt for an elephant ear but couldn't find one as we were leaving the fair so I took it as a sign and said forget it.  The main reason why Wes and I like going to the state fair is to the watch the percheron and clydesdale horses do their showing.  Every time we watch them I can't get over how large they are and how large their feet are.  We always playfully talk about what it would be to own horses like that.  James enjoyed the fair, I think so, in his typical fashion ate and slept but thats least he is predictable in that way.  



And in big news on the James front, besides the visit state fair and zoo trips, the little guy turned 3 months.  With three months came a lot of new things that seemed to just happen over night.  Our napping cycle changed from little nap, medium nap and then big nap to medium nap, little nap and big nap.  But as long as we get naps in, it doesn't really bother me what order he takes in.  Another big thing is we are eating pretty regularly every 3 hours instead of 2 and staying awake for an hour and half, which is a nice relief and allows and a little more play time.  



 James had his first visit to the zoo.  My dad took a week of vacation during the last week in August.  My sister had bought my mom Billy Joel tickets for her birthday and the concert was on a Thursday so they took the week off to be able to relax and go see the concert.   The day we went to the zoo couldn't have been better,  it was a nice cool day about 70 degrees and while the zoo does have a nice amount of shade, you can get hot quick.  After spending a couple of hours at the zoo, we walked over to Victory Field,  the Indianapolis minor league baseball team.  James took a nice long nap during the game and finished it up by eating.  I think thats really how he likes to spend his time at the ballpark.  




This labor day weekend, the Indians finished up their season at home and though I'm said that the season is over and i'm going to miss going to the games I'm excited to be able to get James on more of set schedule.  I've learned that he is the type of baby that has to have some sort of schedule and if they schedule is messed with, it's gonna be a rough couple of days.  So that is where we are right now, trying to fix what two night games in a row and a cookout afterwards messed up.  


Last weekend was a rarity,  Wes was home Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  I don't think I can really remember the last time that happened (excluding Wes' paternity leave).  He went to the shop for a little bit on Monday and he came home because he claimed it was too hot outside but I think he just really missed us.  I personally think James, Truman and I are pretty easy to miss so I understand.  It was just a nice weekend at home,  we went to the grocery store together which hasn't happened in a very very long time and just hung out and shared the James responsibilities.  Which is pretty hard for me to do and it's not because I think Wes would do a bad job or would do something wrong it's because the majority of the time Wes isn't home and there is no one there to help with him.  No one else to put him to sleep or to change his diaper so after 3 months of doing it solo,  you get used to doing it yourself and don't really ask for help or leave space open to help.  



Speaking of doing it on your own,  James is becoming a pretty independent kind of guy and is only ready to do stuff when he is ready.  Which scares and excites me at the same time aka the potty situation with that arrives.   Since he was 4 days old, we have used a nipple shield to nurse. It's this soft plastic cover that helps the baby latch and we used it religiously up until about one week ago when James all of the sudden decided that he didn't want to use it anymore and wouldn't even think about nurse with it on.  So we stopped using it and haven't had any issues yet.  And I think the same goes along with this sleeping thing ( see how i'm wrapping it all together) I can push him and push him to go to sleep on his own or to sleep without being swaddled and even sleep through the night but he's not gonna do it until he's ready.  I really hope he's getting ready for the first two and I think he is because we have a countdown until he outgrows the swaddle he is in now and I don't really want to buy new ones.  




No comments:

Post a Comment