Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Well, Hello There

Hi,

I'm Megan and thanks for checking out my blog. 




 I thought I would start this first blog post with a little history of how I got here and what I hope will come out of this blog.  

I'm a twenty-six year old new mom to a beautiful baby boy named James and we live in Carmel, IN with my husband Wes.    Even though James is my first child, he is the third love my life.  


My first love of my life is a short hairy guy that goes by the name of Truman.  He is an almost five years old Pembroke Welsh Corgi.  It just seems crazy to me that he is almost five and how fast those years have gone by.  I bought Truman my senior year in College after a bad break up.  He was the first thing I ever really bought for myself and I can't imagine my life without him.  


The second love of my life is Wes (I had Truman about four months before meeting Wes).  Some day I still can't believe how we met by accident at the Indians baseball game and how lucky I feel every day that we did.  I can't begin to imagine where I would be without him and I'm so incredibly grateful for everything he has done for me and has given me over the years. 



Speaking of incredibly things that Wes has given to me, the two biggest gifts are things that he has just recently given me.  My beautiful son and the chance to be able to stay home with him and raise him.  I know I did all the hardest parts of being James into the world, the whole creating in my womb, carrying him for 41 weeks and the contraction and delivery parts but (as Wes likes to remained me) James wouldn't be here without him too.  





The second gift, being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom),  is a gift that I wasn't sure that I wanted.  I think everyone toys with the thought of how great it would be to be able to stay home and not go to work and still be able to pay your bills and not live on the side of road but up until I was about 6 months pregnant I wasn't sure if this was the path for me.  The childcare situation up here is pretty pricey and like many families I realized that I would be working just to able to avoid to put him in daycare.  I would be working 40 hour days at a job that I didn't really like to be able to only see my son 2 hours a night and on weekends.  So after a lot of thought and the final okay from Wes, I became at SAHM.  While I couldn't be more grateful for this opportunity it's not exactly how I would have thought it would be.  Everyone says that it's tough but it's one of those thing that you don't know how tough until you are in, way in it. 



I will spend some more time with my feeling about becoming a SAHM later in future blogposts but now I want to get into what I hope this blog becomes.  

This isn't my first blog I've put together.  I think this may be the third with real content on it. 




 The first one was a blog of my travels with I was studying abroad in Australia,  I thought it would be a good way to be able to keep all of the family up to date with what was going on without having to send out 100 emails.  Okay, I'm being a little dramatic there, it probably would have only been 10 emails at the most, truthfully maybe 3.  My parents would have kept everyone else informed. 




The second was a blog that I started a less than a year and half ago.  The beginning of 2014 I joined weight watchers and lost a total of 35 lbs when I was at the lowest weight and the blog was a weight loss/ fitness blog.  I wrote about the types of workouts I was doing, what I thought about on runs, on how I became a runner and what I ate.  I blogged for a couple of months, until I found out I was pregnant.  And as many of you know (the fictional readers in my mind) once you find out you are pregnant and you really begin to feel it, you start to not do the optional not so enjoyable things anymore like waking up at 5 am to either go running or put in a DVD workout and the idea of sleeping all the time and eating ice cream sounds so much better than sweating it out.  So the blog slowly died. 








Since I'm not longer touring Australia or in a super high workout kick, I thought starting a new blog would be good. I've had this blog name for awhile but it wasn't until James came that it really started to feel like a House of Henry and for me to having something to really write about.  With this blog,  I hope to write about the things that I love; my family, my life, cooking and baking, and reading.  And in all honestly, my goal is to be able to post atleast 3 times a week but since my main job is to take care of a 2 month old,  I'm not sure if thats going to happen every week but thats the goal.  


If you had the time or if you do write a blog, what would you blog be about? And do you think it would change over time? 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment